Friday 7 February 2014

Feature and Follow Friday





Question: If you could read a book for the “first time” again, which book would it be? Why?

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

I still vividly remember my experience when I first read Jane Eyre. Since then, I've reread this book a lot of times. This is one of those books that made me fall in love with reading.

When I first read Jane Eyre, I experienced a lot of emotions: satisfaction, sorrow, fear. I felt extremely emotional when Helen Burns died. I felt scared during the scary scenes (the mystery of the screams from the attic). I felt extremely satisfied when the protagonist, Jane finally found happiness. The love story of Jane and Mr Rochester has always touched me, and always will. This novel is a perfect combination of romance, mystery, and suspense.

But I'm extrellmely nostalgic for the days when I first read this book. Though reading this book still is a wonderful experience, it's obvious that I'm already aware of the twists and incidences. When you reread the book, you're already aware of the whole story. Though I still become emotional while reading Jane Eyre, I wish I could read this book for the first time again, I wish I could newly discover the story again, feel thrilled during those suspenseful scenes, become emotional by the beautiful love story of Jane Eyre and Edward Rochester, and keep guessing how the story would conclude.

Nevertheless, I will always love Jane Eyre. Though I'll never get the opportunity of reading this book for the first time again, I'll reread this book again and again, because I love the characters, I love the storyline, I love the atmosphere, I love the variety of feelings that I get while reading this book.

                                 Follow this blog on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. I agree. There's something special about reading Jane Eyre for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not usually into classics but I do love Jane Eyre. New follower via Bloglovin!

    my FF--> http://thefoureyedcat.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Jane Eyre but I've heard it's great. One day I'll get to it. Have a great week.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend Jane Eyre. It's one of my favorite books! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovey choice! New Bloglovin follower....

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently studied Jane Eyre at school and loved it! Great pick :)

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, books that make you nostalgic are awesome. Nice choice.

    New Follower

    Kat @ Books Are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with your choice. My mother gave this book to me as my first "big girl" read whenever I was too young to appreciate Charlotte Bronte. I wish I could go back and experience the tale as an adult.

    New follower on BlogLovin'. My first FF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has come up a couple times today. Great choice!
    New bloglovin follower :)
    Here is our FF!

    ReplyDelete