Monday 15 December 2014

''Alice's Adventures in Wonderland''- Book Review

Author: Lewis Carroll
Published: 1865

Genre:  Novel, Fantasy, Adventure

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Review

Oh well. Who doesn't know about this book? When I was little the story of Alice in Wonderland was read to me, and when I got a bit older- perhaps when I was seven or eight years old- I read the abridged version of the novel. I have always enjoyed the story, and read the abridged version a lot of times. This is the first time, however, that I have read the original novel, ''Alice's Adventures in Wonderland''.

As a child, when I used to read the different abridged versions, I used to think that ''Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'' is simply a children's fantasy novel. I didn't know it is this nonsensical, this weird, this fantastical until I read the original novel! ''Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'' is quirky, it is weird, it is strange. It has got many funny and interesting characters like the white rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Hatter, the March Hare, the Gryphon, and the Queen of Hearts, among others. And there is little Alice, who finds herself amidst such quirky and interesting characters when she reaches the Wonderland after following a Rabbit into a rabbit hole. Many things happen there, many strange things that simply make no sense, and this is the fun of it, isn't it? I  The characters, the things they say, their stories, their poems and songs- are all so hilarious, so captivating!  loved this one!

4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment